Guide for the spinning sessions
Published on February 24, 2018
Good news! This semester we offer again spinning sessions ! These sessions take place on Mondays AND Tuesdays at 7pm in the Royal Military School (Rue Hobbema 8, 1000 Brussels).
Unfortunately, external members can only gain access to the RMS when they are in possession of a membership card. Luckily, Friskis&Svettis had made a deal with the RMS for their full members. To apply for an RMS membership card, you will need the following:
- A completed copy of the attached document (please use BLOCK CAPITALS): ERM-Inscription-inschrijvings formulaire(eir)
- A recent colour photo (passport quality), attached to the document
- A printout of your ID-card via eID Viewer. Note that a simple photocopy of your id card won’t work. If you have a card, but no card reader, you can go to your town hall and ask for a print-out. If you have a card that doesn’t have a chip you can try a photocopy of your passport.
- An extract from the criminal record (previously certificate moral character), available to Belgian citizens through their city hall. If you are not a Belgian citizen, you should contact the SPF Justice DG ROJ service casier Judiciaire central (Boulevard de Waterloo 80, 1000 Brussels — 02/552.27.47 — FR : CasierJudiciaire@just.fgov.be- NL : firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sounds complicated? Don’t be alarmed just do like our member Julia did:
“Hi, just to let the Spinning-Lovers know: it was super easy to get the “casier judiciaire” – just sent an Email to CasierJudiciaire@just.fgov.be asking for it and why (access to sportscomplex of the military school), I added my identification number of the registre national and a couple of days later I had the document in my letterbox.”
- You can even get this certificate through your Commune, even though every comune has different rules about how to get it (for example Etterbeek residents can order theirs online while Schaerbeek requires you to go in person); so it’s much simpler to send an email to CasierJudiciaire@just.fgov.be.
Once you collected all above documents, then give them to your Friskis host at your next session and we will take care of the rest! Don’t try to hand them in yourself since the ERM insists on having a single contact person! Keep in mind that the process might take a while, but we will do our very best to get you spinning again as soon as possible!
Once you got confirmation via email that your card is ready, then please go to the main entrance before the next session where our host will be waiting for you from 18:45 with the entry cards and directions.
Note again that spinning sessions are only accessible for full members. Outdoor members wishing to upgrade can contact Anne Peters. Try-out cards as well as one and four session cards are not valid at this location.
Where will the sessions take place?
Entrance: 8, rue Hobbema, 1000 Bruxelles
Please present your F&S membership card (with photo – Important!) to the guards.
After the 2 red/white bars, walk to the right under the arcade for approx. 100 m. To your left, at a distance of approx. 30 m, you’ll see a circular building. Enter, and walk down the staircase to level ’-4’, where the sports hall and changing rooms/showers are.
To get there: 5 min walk from Schuman (Metro 1 and 5, bus 36); 3 min walk from De Jamblinne de Meux (buses 21, 28, 29, 61, 63, 79).
It’s always good to be there a few minutes early.
How to obtain casier judiciere via your commune (instructions for more communes will be added once they become available):
- possible to obtain casier judiciaire online
- go to e-guichet http://www.etterbeek.be/e-guichet-1 and click on IRISbox icon to connect. It will require ID card, eID card reader and installing a software
- follow instructions to connect to the CSAM platform
- once logged in look for casier judicier
- fill in a form, request extrait 595, as reason for request put inscription dans un club sportif
- after sending out application pay 0,64€ by card electronically
- you will receive the form within three days by post