Friskis Summer Sessions begin on July 1st – Online Registration Mandatory
Published on June 30, 2020
Here comes the moment that you’ve all been waiting for… We are pleased to announce that the Friskis Summer Sessions will indeed start on July 1st 2020 and Friskis will keep you company throughout the months of July and August… but with a twist!
Instead of hosting you at our usual location in Parc Cinquantennaire, we will instead be offering 5 indoor sessions each week in our Etterbeek and Woluwé-Saint-Lambert Venues as well as our 8 Outdoor sessions (Running and NW) and our weekly Spin and Barbell sessions in our JIMS venue (until the 17th of July). This means that Friskis has something on offer for you 6 days a week (you can take Friday off… you’ve earned it!) for the entire summer season and it’s 100% FREE!
In order to guarantee that social distancing guidelines, mandated by the Belgian authorities, are respected, we will be limiting the maximum number of participants to each session (which will vary depending on the session but max 18 in any case). To that end, we kindly request that all participants register online for each session here by indicating your name and email address. This is now mandatory for all our sessions (both outdoor and indoor).
It is very important for us to have an accurate count of the participants so that we can organize ourselves accordingly, so, if you have registered for a session and then, for whatever reason, you cannot attend we kindly ask you to please update the portal and remove your name as soon as possible, but at least two hours before the starting time.
Furthermore our venues has issued the following rules to participate in the sessions (these rules may very slightly depending on the venue):
- respect of the 1m50 physical security distance between participants
- maximum 20 participants (including the host and instructor, so 18 members max)
- on top of her/his own material each participant must bring a towel/mat to cover the floor
- wearing a mask is mandatory when entering and moving around the building (including reception desk, hall, stair cases, sanitary installations, offices of the admin personnel) but not mandatory in the sports hall itself, as long as there is ample distance between participants
- Hand gel has to be used before and after the session
- the temperature may be taken of all incoming persons when they enter the building
- Warning: changing rooms and showers are closed until further notice and are thus currently unavailable, so until then, we recommend that all members show up directly in their sports clothes
- JIMS BXL: dis-infecting JIMS machines & material by the participants before and after the training is required.
Here is the current schedule of the indoor sessions:
- Monday 19:00-20:00, Indoor Summer Session, Etterbeek Venue, max 18 participants
- Tuesday 19:00-20:00, Indoor Summer Session, Etterbeek Venue, max 18 participants
- Wednesday 19:00-20:00, Indoor Summer Session, Etterbeek Venue, max 18 participants
- Thursday 19:00-20:00, Indoor Summer Session, Etterbeek Venue, max 18 participants
- Thursday (until 17 July) 19:15-20:15, Spinning Distance, JIMS BXL Jourdan, max 12 participants
- Saturday (until the 17th June) 10:00-11:15, Barbell Intervall, JIMS BXL, max 18 participants
- Sunday 10:00-11:00, Indoor Summer Session, Centre Sportif Mounier, max 18 participants
Venues (more information on the website under “venues”):
- Etterbeek Venue – Sport center De Maalbeek (Rue du Clocher 22 -24 / Kloktorenstraat, 1040 Etterbeek)
- Woluwé-Saint-Lambert Venue- Centre Sportif Mounier (Avenue Emmanuel Mounier 87, 1200 Woluwé St-Lambert)
- JIMS BXL Jourdan – (Rue Gray 54,1040 Etterbeek)
Here is the complete schedule of the outdoor sessions:
- Monday 19:30-20:30, Running Quality, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor George & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Monday 19:30-20:15, Start to Run, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor Antonio & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Wednesday 19:30-20:30, Running Quality, Woluwe park, max 15 participants
- Wednesday 19:30-20:15, Start to Run, Woluwe park, max 15 participants
- Wednesday 19:00-20:15, Nordic Walking, Woluwe park, max 20 participants,
- Saturday 9:30-11:00, Nordic Walking, Tervuren 4bras, max 20 participants
- Saturday 10:00-11:00, Running Quality, Place Luxembourg, max 15 participants
- Sunday 10:30-12:00, Running Distance, Foret de Soignes, max 15 participants
Locations and Meeting points (more information on the website under “venues”):
- Woluwe park – Meeting point: Rue du Bemel at the “Chien vert” bus stop 36
- Place Luxembourg – Meeting point: in front of Gare Europe
- Tervuren Quatre Bras – Meeting point: Quatre Bras Parking area in the Foret de Soignes
- Foret de Soignes – Meeting point: front door of Centre Sportif – Forêt de Soignes Sport
These summer sessions, like every year, are free for all! Both members + non-members can join for free (as long as you register!)!
As always, our priority is for the safety and well-being of our members so we ask all participants to respect the social distancing guidelines during the sessions.
We understand that some of you might be disappointed that we are not offering our usual sessions in Parc Cinquantenaire. We share your frustration. No one is more eager than us to return to our grand sessions in the park with hundreds of happy, smiling people working out together but the health and safety of our participants must come first. We are still negotiating with the competent authorities to see if and under what conditions we might be allowed access to the park in August for our summer sessions. As things currently stand, the social distancing rules for outdoor activities make it impossible for us to offer our usual sessions in a safe and practical manner. If things change we will be happy to announce it. But until then we had to get creative and find a solution that offers live sessions to the public while guaranteeing everyone’s safety. We live in stressful, uncertain times but Friskis is still determined to stay by your side throughout the summer months in every way we can. Just like we did in previous years, we will ensure that you move, sweat and smile all summer long!
We look forward to Friskis & Svetting with you all again.