New Friskis Semester Begins on September 1st
Published on August 30, 2020
Good news everyone!
September is finally here and with it begins our new F&S semester! From the 1st of September onwards you can join us to enjoy more than 40 sessions per week in 7 different locations in Brussels. Our instructors have prepared basic, medium, intensive, yoga, dance, core, flex… and even more sessions for you! The full schedule is now available on the website so be sure to check it out here and see the many new surprises we have in store for you this semester, including:
- a brand new running session: Running Cross on Thursdays and Saturdays – this is a varied, all-around training class where you exercise at various “stations” (benches, up-hills…) and challenge the body in a different way (muscle strength, intervals, …).”
- new Medium Jympa ’45 slot at lunch time on Fridays at Jims
- return of our morning session on Wednesdays
- return of our spinning sessions at Jims on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- a new Discovery slot on Sundays
- return of our Barbell sessions on Saturdays
In order to guarantee that social distancing guidelines, mandated by the Belgian authorities, are respected, we will be limiting the maximum number of participants to each session (which will vary depending on the session). To that end, we kindly request that all participants register online for each session here by indicating your name and email address. This is now mandatory for all our sessions (both outdoor and indoor).
It is very important for us to have an accurate count of the participants so that we can organize ourselves accordingly, so, if you have registered for a session and then, for whatever reason, you cannot attend we kindly ask you to please update the portal and remove your name as soon as possible, but at least two hours before the starting time.
Furthermore our venues has issued the following rules to participate in the sessions (these rules may vary slightly depending on the venue):
- respect of the 1m50 physical security distance between participants
- on top of her/his own material each participant must bring a towel/mat to cover the floor
- wearing a mask is mandatory when entering and moving around the building but not mandatory in the sports hall itself, as long as there is ample distance between participants
- Hand gel has to be used before and after the session
- the temperature may be taken of all incoming persons when they enter the building
- JIMS BXL: disinfecting JIMS machines & material by the participants before and after the training is required.
Friskis Brussels is continuously looking for new and inspiring ways to give our members more reasons to keep coming. Bring your friends and family to try out their first session for free – they will get hooked as well!
Don’t forget that new members benefit from a 20% discount if they sign up before 31/08.
As our normal sessions resume we realize that the world is still far from “normal” due to the global pandemic. However, we are determined to stay by your side and keep you fit and healthy in any way we can! During the first lock-down we offered our virtual sessions on Facebook and Youtube (for free), then during the summer months we offered our free summer sessions (again for free) and now we are eager to welcome you back to our regular sessions (at a price so low… that it’s practically for free) since our calling is to see you moving, sweating and, above all, smiling with us!
So if you enjoyed our free summer sessions, then this is the perfect time to join the Friskis family as a full member! Don’t forget to spread the word around you to attract as many people as possible: your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues so you can all enjoy the F&S experience all year around!