Outdoor sessions resume on May 18th – registration mandatory
Published on May 15, 2020
Since “Phase 2” of the easing of Belgium’s Coronavirus measures has been confirmed by Belgian authorities, Friskis is pleased to announce that we are resuming our Outdoor sessions in a limited capacity. Starting from Monday 18th May 2020 we will be offering 8 Outdoor Sessions (both Running and Nordic Walking) a week.
In order to guarantee that social distancing guidelines are respected, we have partly changed the locations and starting times, and all sessions will be limited to maximum number of participants (15 for Running sessions and 20 for the NW sessions) .
To that end we kindly request that all participants register online for each session here by indicating your name and email address. We would like to encourage NW newcomers to join the Wednesday session together with the more experienced ones; if you do not have poles of your own, just tick the relevant box on the registration form and the instructors will bring a pair of poles for you to the meeting place. On Saturdays in June the number of available poles is limited. Availability cannot absolutely be guaranteed.
We will monitor the registration list so that if the registration list is full (early enough) we will try to arrange a parallel running session at the same time and place with a different instructor for another 15 participants. For the NW sessions we have two instructors anyway, both leading a group of 10 participants.
It is very important for us to have an accurate count of the participants so that we can organize ourselves accordingly and comply the rules set by the Belgian government. So, if you have registered for a session and then, for whatever reason, you cannot attend, we kindly ask you to please update the portal and remove your name as soon as possible, but at least two hours before the starting time.
Here is the complete schedule of the outdoor sessions:
- Monday 19:30-20:30, Running Quality, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor George & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Tuesday 19:30-20:15, Start to Run, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor Antonio & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Wednesday 19:00-20:15, Nordic Walking, Woluwe park, max 20 participants, Instructor Philippe and Guy
- Wednesday 19:30-20:30, Running Quality, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor George & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Thursday 19:30-20:15, Start to Run, Woluwe park, max 15 participants, Instructor Berit & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Saturday 9:30-11:00, Nordic Walking, Tervuren 4bras, max 20 participants, Instructor Edite, Anne D., Agnes, Guy
- Saturday 10:00-11:00, Running Quality, Place Luxembourg, max 15 participants, Instructor Antonio & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
- Sunday 10:30-12:00, Running Distance, Foret de Soignes, max 15 participants, Instructor Philippe & possibly another instructor depending on the group size
Locations and Meeting points (more information on the website under “venues”):
- Woluwe park – Meeting point: Rue du Bemel at the “Chien vert” bus stop 36
- Place Luxembourg – Meeting point: in front of Gare Europe
- Tervuren Quatre Bras – Meeting point: Quatre Bras Parking area in the Foret de Soignes
- Foret de Soignes – Meeting point: front door of Centre Sportif – Forêt de Soignes Sport
These sessions, like all Friskis sessions, are for our members. Non-members can join once for free (try out card).
As always our priority is for the safety and well-being of our members so we ask all participants to respect the social distancing guidelines during the sessions. You can wear a mask if you like but it is not obligatory though, as the Belgium authorities have not posed any general requirement on that.
We look forward to running and walking with you all again!