Friskis&Svettis Summer Sessions
Published on June 5, 2019
The Friskis&Svettis Summer Sessions begin on July 1st 2019!
We will be offering you 7 sessions for free every week during the months of July and August in Parc Josaphat and Parc du Cinquantennaire!
This year we are again bringing you summer sessions from two parks for the price of one (that price, by the way, is still 100% FREE)! That’s right! Again this year our summer sessions will be in two locations at once!
For the first week of July we will be bringing the joys of the free summer sessions to the beautiful Parc Josaphat on 02/07 + 04/07 at 19:30 and 2 special Family sessions on 07/07 between 11:00-13:00.
We will be starting things off with a special kickoff session on Tuesday the 2nd of July in Parc Josaphat at 19:30 followed by a sessions on Thursday the 4th of July.
Now don’t worry, we are not abandoning our traditional home in Parc du Cinquantenaire.
In fact, after the 7th of July all the outdoor sessions will be back in Parc du Cinquantennaire starting with a dual Start To Run and Running Quality session on the 8th of July at 7:30pm (meeting point under the arches).
And on the 9th of July we will celebrate our jympa return to Parc du Cinquantennaire with an epic mega-session and all participants are welcome to join us for a post session picnic at 8:30pm.
Still confused? Don’t worry! Here is the overview of all our sessions:
During the 1st week of July:
- On Tuesday 2nd July, Thursday 4th July at 19:30-20:30 for fitness sessions of different intensities in Parc Josaphat at Azeleaplein.
- On Friday 5th July at 12:30-13:30 for indoor flex or yoga sessions of various intensities at the Asics store (Avenue de la Toison d’Or 12/Porte de Namur).
- On Saturday 6th July at 9:30-11:00 for Nordic Walking in the Sonian Forest, meeting point 4 bras de Tervuren.
- On Sunday 7th July at 10:00-11:00 for indoor sessions of various intensities in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (Sport centre Mounier).
- On Sunday 7th July between 11:00-13:00 we will have 2 Family sessions of different intensities in Parc Josaphat at Azeleaplein.
11h-12h – Family – for parents and children 3-6 years old
12h-13h – Family Circuit – for parents and children 7-12 years old
After the 7th of July:
- on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 19:30-20:30 for fitness sessions of different intensities in the Cinquantenaire Park (opposite the Royal Military Academy). At the info stand, Friskis&Svettis volunteers will answer all your questions!
- On Mondays and Wednesdays at 19:30-20:30 for running sessions, meeting point under the arches in the Cinquantenaire Park. On Mondays we will be offering both Start to Run (for beginners) and Running Quality (for more experienced runners) sessions.
- On Fridays at 12:30-1:30 for indoor flex or yoga sessions of various intensities at the Asics store (Avenue de la Toison d’Or 12/Porte de Namur).
- On Saturdays at 9:30-11:00 for Nordic Walking in the Sonian Forest, meeting point 4 bras de Tervuren.
- On Sundays at 10:00-11:00 for indoor sessions of various intensities in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (Sport Centre Mounier).
You can find the detailed schedule of our summer sessions here.
And don’t forget to spread the word around you to attract as many people as possible: your friends, family, neighbours, colleagues! We want a big and joyful crowd all through July and August! Everyone is welcome! We have many flyers to promote these sessions, so please take some with you and distribute them everywhere you can!